Saturday, June 1, 2013

My next project McCall's Pattern M6731

Warning!  The cover of this pattern advertises it as easy but  I just finished preparing the fabrics and reading the instructions and I don't think this pattern would be any easy for beginners. Pattern M6731is not that complicated to the advance seamstress but a novice may get confused about how to do the back of the bodice.  I will explain why it is not an "easy" pattern tomorrow when I start assembling it. 
 
I am going to do a size 4t dress (Dress B) for my daughter with patriotic color fabrics.  This will be her 4th of July dress.  If you are  following the trends this year, you may have noticed that chevrons are everywhere even on children apparel.  Also it is very trendy to use different mix of fabrics in one dress.  A trend kind of inspired on the 30's depression era.
 
I purchased all the fabrics at Fabric.com (my favorite online fabric store).  Fabrics?  Yes, this dress let me use different contrasts and I will be using  4 different fabrics.
 
 
I will be updating how the dress is turning out this week.  It won't be a tutorial (I don't do those yet), but I will review this pattern and we will see the final result.

No comments: