Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Simplicity Pattern 5695

I know.... This is about another dress I made for my daughter.  I just can't help not sewing for her. 
I had this project sitting on my sewing "project basket" for ever thou.

The pattern was really easy to use and I love how the dress turned out.  One of the reasons why I wanted to do this dress was because there are so many people selling custom dresses done with a similar pattern or maybe they used this same pattern, but since I know how to sew I would never pay $40 for someone to make me a dress for my daughter.  There are so many uses for this pattern.  You can make Disney playground dresses (I will explain when I get to do a Toy Story inspired dress using this pattern in the future), you can make a seasonal dress by mixing different type of fabrics.  If you learn how to make dresses with this pattern you will never think again about buying customs on Etsy or any other site.  You will save $$$.

 I used view D.  I had to modify the ruffle.  The pattern asks to cut more than is actually needed.


Here is my daughter wearing the dress.  Not the best pictures but the dress can be appreciated.


Another view from the dress.  I bought the fabrics at Fabric.com. 

https://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=f0d15c48-28a0-4056-a5c1-3fe9da5b2308




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty dress Lizz...and as long as you're sewing, that's what counts. :-). I hadn't done anything in over a year until last w'end. :-)